Study Says: Non-Moms Are Sexually Happier
Reportedly the latest twin study out of Northwestern shows that in comparing twins, the ones without kids are sexually happier.
I knew it. Based on my study (n=1), I was sexually happier before I had a kid. I wasn’t over-all happier, but sex-wise, you bet! In fact, women who don’t have kids can make having great sex their main project. I did, and I know lots of non-moms who do.
But while they can linger in bed and spend hours searching for their G (& H, I, J & K) spots, we Moms have to make what little time we have count.
I’m not bitter about this (it’s not like I became a parent by accident), but it does require real effort on my part to make the time. Between working, playing with my son, and cleaning up, by the end of the day I wanna veg out, not vag out.
So sex has become a little akin to exercise: I never have the time and before I get going I usually feel more like watching of Lost on TV than getting lost in love. And like exercise, once I get into it, I love it. And when it’s over I make all kinds of commitments about how I will do it more, make the time etc. etc.
So in order to help boost our results next time they survey moms about sex, here are a few tips:
- Make time for sex (orthodox Jews do it every Friday, why don’t we take a page from that book?)
- Saturday morning cartoons are good for keeping kids busy in their way while we get busy in ours.
- Make a space for sex: if your bed is co-opted by co-sleeping, make another room your go-to make out room, don’t wait for your cuddle cub to be out of the house- that makes for long dry spells.
- On your next date, skip the fancy dinner and spend the money on a hotel.
- Set sex goals–how about a sticker chart? Get 10 stickers in a month and treat yourself to something you really want- like how ’bout a new sex toy? You’ve earned it!
- Sexual Health Study for New Moms
- What Moms Want Their Partners to Know: There Really Is a Connection Between Getting the Kitchen Clean and Getting Nookie
- What Our Moms Taught Us About Sex